We currently have one vacancy for a Parent Governor.
Click here for the letter and the nomination form. Please let school know if you would like a nomination form.
Please see below for information regarding the qualifications and disqualifications to serve as a school governor.
Qualifications and disqualifications to serve as a school governor
A governor must be aged 18 or over at the time of his/her election or appointment and cannot hold more than one governorship at the same school.
A person is disqualified from holding or continuing to hold office as a governor or associate member if he or she:
· is subject to a bankruptcy restriction order, an interim bankruptcy restrictions order, a debt relief restrictions order or an interim debt relief restrictions order;
· has had his/her estate sequestrated and the sequestration has not been discharged, annulled or reduced;
· is subject to:
- a disqualification order or disqualification undertaking under the Company Directors Act 1986
- a disqualification order under the Companies Directors Disqualification (Northern Ireland) Order 2002
- a disqualification undertaking accepted under the Company Directors Disqualification (Northern Ireland) Order 2002
- an order made under section 429(2)(b) of the Insolvency Act 1986 (failure to pay under a county court administration order);
· has been removed from the office of charity trustee or trustee for a charity by an order made by the Charity Commission or Commissioners or High Court on the grounds of any misconduct or mismanagement in the administration of the charity, or under section 34 of the Charities and Trustees Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 from being concerned in the management or control of any board;
· is included in the list of people considered by the Secretary of State as unsuitable to work with children;
· is disqualified from working with children or subject to a direction under section 142 of the Education Act 2002;
· is disqualified from working with children under sections 28,29, or 29A od the Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000;
· is disqualified from registration under Part 2 of the Children and Families (Wales) Measure 2010 for child minding or providing day care;
is disqualified from registration under Part 3 of the Childcare Act 2006;
· has received a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of not less than 3 months (without the option of a fine) in the 5 years before or since becoming a governor;
· has received a prison sentence of 2½ years or more in the 20 years before becoming a governor;
· has at any time received a prison sentence of 5 years or more;
· has been convicted under section 547 of EA 1996 (nuisance or disturbance on school premises) or under section 85A of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 (nuisance or disturbance on educational premise) during the 5 years prior to or since appointment or election as a governor;
· is employed at the school for more than 500 hours per academic year if wishing to stand for parent governor at the same school;
· is an elected member of the Local Authority (applies to parent governors only);
· has refused a request by the clerk to the governing board to make an application under section 113B of the Police Act 1997 for a criminal records certificate
· has been disqualified from holding office as a governor of this school due to failure to attend governing board meetings for a continuous period of six months