This half term we are learning:
Our topic is 'People Who Help Us'
We will be learning about:
- The different services who help us such as the police, fire fighters, doctors and nurses and coast guards
- Creating models of different emergency service vehicles
- Thinking of questions to ask our visitor (police officer and nurse)
- Programming BeeBots in ICT
- The different vehicles and tools which some services use to help us
- Songs and rhymes about people who help us
- Role playing emergency situations
We will have some visitors in school from some of the different occupations which will give the children the opportunity to ask lots of questions and get some real life stories!
In Maths we shall be:
- Solving problems
- Begin to use the language of position
- Add and subtract
- Find all the different ways of making 5 and 10
- Learn about more and less
- Using a number line to help us count and a number square to help us recognise patterns
In Language and Literacy we shall:
- Continue to hear a wide range of stories
- Write for lots of different purposes
- Continue to learn how to write letters correctly
- Introduce new sounds such as; sh, ch, ng, qu, ai, ee, oo, th and use these in our reading and writing
- Act out emergency situations
- Write Qs to ask our visitors
Reception PE is timetabled on Thursday
Please ensure your child's PE kit is in school on the above day.
PE kit is white t-shirt, black shorts and pumps / trainers. During the winter, children may wear black or blue jogging bottoms.