This half term we are learning:
Our topic is 'Hocus Pocus'
Our focus books will be:
- 'Jack and the Flum Flum Tree'
- 'Danny McGee Drinks the Sea'
We will be learning about:
- Designing and creating objects (boats)
- Programming BeeBots in ICT
- How to build stories around props and using our imaginations
- Songs and rhymes about pirates
- Role playing different fantasy scenarios
- Solving everyday problems that arise
In Maths we shall:
- Ordering and recognising numbers
- Matching numeral to quantity
- Solving problems
- Begin to use the language of position and direction
- Begin to recognise 2D shapes
In language and Literacy we shall:
- Continue to hear a wide range of stories
- Continue singing a range or Nursery Rhymes
- Give meaning to marks made
- Continue to develop fine motor skills
- Continuing listening to sounds in the environment
- Act out fantasy scenarios
- Create our own collaborative stories
RE: Our topic this half term is New Life. We will be learning about:
- Easter and Jesus rising from the dead
- Jesus being a gift for us
- Jesus will always be with us
- Who Mary is and why she is special
Our homework for this half term is:
We will be sending home the children's Talk Books every Friday so you can discuss the coming week's topic.
We will be sending Book Bags home this half term, to help encourage the children to handle books carefully and further prepare them for Reception.
Nursery PE is timetabled on a Tuesday morning.
A kit is not needed in Nursery, they will take off their shoes and socks.